Friday 7 March 2008

Hi to all, my name is Charlie Stevens and I am an Undergraduate student at City University studying Journalism. As part of my introduction into Internet Journalism I was instructed to create my very own blog on a topic I felt passionate about. I have chosen Great Ormond Street hospital to focus on, this institution offers tremendous care for sick and dying children and for this and many other reasons I decided it was a worthy subject.

I was once a patient of this hospital and I know first hand how hard the nurses and doctors’ work, providing care, attention and most importantly an atmosphere free from fear. Many of the children admitted to the hospital do not leave; it is a harsh realization and is something these people have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. They face it with courage and determination; the fundamental aspect of their work is to make the lives of sick children just a little better.

The purpose of this blog is to offer the chance to anyone who has had experience with the hospital the opportunity to voice their opinions. Do you have or know someone whose child is a patient? Have you been or are you a patient? All your views are all extremely important. Personal experiences provide real insight. As well as providing an area for discussion, this site will also illustrate developments and donations that are being made. Hopefully this blog will create more attention to the needs of the hospital and generate more donations.

No comments: