Wednesday 19 March 2008

My personal time at the hospital was extremely scary. I was young and unsure what exactly was wrong with me. To this day I still have not discovered the reasons behind my ill health. It is a question that I will never answer.

When I was 14 I began to suffer from debilitating head pains that would last for weeks on end. The hospital worked hard trying to discover what was causing this. Many theories were thrown around but no definite solutions. In the end I slowly began to recover and eventually returned to a normal life relatively free from this pain.

Even though the hospital was unable to help me medically they did in every other way. I was greated with smiley faces everyday. the staff were supportive, caring, but more importantly they treated me with respect. Whenever a new course of medication was introduced they asked my opinion. I was consulted throughout, they wanted to know what I thought and as such treated me as a adult.

Nothing can prepare you for something like this, the unknown, the fear that death could be round the corner. what helps is having doctors and nurses dedicated to finding a way out of this situation.

I am truely thankful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, really well written

Anonymous said...

omg almost in tears after reading that i agree with sean that was very well written
great blog :)
meliha

Unknown said...

Here you have providing very useful information Thanks for such an incredible site!
LEARN MORE